Have questions? You’re not alone! We would love to talk to you and answer any questions you have, but if you’re the type that likes to read and research before picking up the phone, check out the answers to our most frequently asked questions below.
We will notify you of a workorder request submitted by the tenant and our plans for handling it. We have found that if the job is small (<$250) it is most efficient to have us just take care of the issue at that time. For larger problems we will explain the issue and present you with possible remedies and their estimated costs. Ultimately you will be in charge of what is done.
The nice thing about being a small company is that we have the flexibility to tailor our services to each property owner. If you have the time, talent, and interest in maintaining your rental property, please feel free to do so. We will communicate with the tenant regarding the schedule. If you want a “hands-off” landlord experience, we can do that too. Our sister company, Open Door Homes, can handle any maintenance, repair, replacement, upgrade, remodel or anything else that needs to be done or you choose to have done to the property. If you have a handyman/plumber/electrician that you trust and want to have them do the work then we can coordinate schedules between them and the tenant.
Our fees typically cover our full range of services, including:
- Professional Real Estate photography package
- Publish property listing to dozens of the most popular property websites and search engines
- Schedule and coordinate showings to prospective tenants
- Full screening of prospective tenants, including credit checks, background checks, rental history and references
- Provide lease documents
- Collect and disburse rent in a timely manner
- Receive and hold security deposits in an escrow account and disburse as needed
- Receive and respond to all tenant questions, requests and problems within 24 hours
- Manage routine and emergency maintenance
- Provide accurate accounting of all expenses incurred
- File IRS Form 1099 at the end of the year for income received
We are a full service, residential property management company with a growing portfolio of homes throughout Johnson and Wyandotte counties in the Kansas City Metro area. Contact Us today for a free consultation on how we can tailor our wide range of services to best meet your needs and get your property producing income.
Unless specified otherwise in the lease, the tenant is responsible for keeping the grass cut to city codes. Snow removal is also the responsibility of the tenant. With the exception of taking care of minor weeds, landscaping beds typically fall under the property maintenance category and are the responsibility of the owner to maintain.